Sunday 5 October 2014

Week Forty-Three: Round and Round

What did the parallelogram say to the circle?
"Not to take sides, here, mate, but you have to admit, you're pretty pointless."
Round things. Circle things. Reminds me of a song from my youth about a wheel of cheese. The line, "round it goes, cheese cheese cheese, wheel wheel wheel" comes starkly to mind. As you can see, some of last week's madness has carried over. Or perhaps it is just part of the perpetual state of semi-madness wherein exists my brain.

Day 1 (295): 29th of September
A blonde has just gotten a new sports car. She cuts out in front of a semi, and almost causes it to drive over a cliff. The driver furiously motions for her to pull over, and she does. The driver gets out and draws a circle and tells her to stand in it. Then he gets out his knife and cuts up her leather seats. He turns around and sees she's smiling. So he goes to his truck, takes out a baseball bat, and starts busting her windows and beating her car. He looks back to see that she's laughing. He's really mad now, so he takes his knife and slices her tires. He turns around and she's laughing so hard, she's about to fall down. He demands, "What's so funny?" She says, "Every time you weren't looking, I stepped out of the circle!" 

This is a ball. It is my constant companion, and is so good to me.

Day 2 (296): 30th of September
Why are the two blondes on the motorcycle arguing? They're fighting over who gets the window seat.

Two blondes fell down a hole. One said, "It sure is dark down here, isn't it?" The other replied, "I don't know; I can't see."

That's all the jokes for today.

Day 3 (297): 1st of October
OK. No more jokes. For now. I was sitting on the sofa in the evening, and the smell of someone burning foliage drifted in the window. Really love that smell. It always reminds me of the few trips to visit my English grandparents. They had a lovely property and a wonderful riding lawnmower I thought was just the best thing ever. And during at least one trip (probably just the one), they were burning a heap of branches and leaves and other garden detritus, and the smell got planted in my brain forever. Such a nice memory. I miss those days. I miss the two of them, even though they both died before I was even six years old. This sunset needed no editing. So lovely.

Madness in the editing room. It happens.

This is what that thing normally looks like.

Day 4 (298): 2nd of October
No internet again at the house. And just before I left work, I thought to myself, "just do your homework now, just in case the funky weather messed with the ADSL."Then I replied, "Naw. It's probably fine." Obviously that was daft, so I got home, saw the dreaded router doing its blinky thing, and jumped back in the car to go in search of wifi. Guh. This was all I had the energy to do. A plate and a bowl. They are round. I had to crop the cat's photobombing tail out of the shot.

Day 5 (299): 3rd of October
So today I added some whisky fudge to my Amazon cart (because of course). This led the Amazon bots to recommend ExOfficio Men's GiveNGo Boxer Brief, and LARABAR Fruit & Nut Food Bar, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip, Gluten Free. Really not sure what to say about that. Interesting analytical leap, for certain. And that in a week wherein I've had to fight against Other People making analytical leaps unsupported by a net of connected facts and evidence. Such leaps are what make me not get any real normal work done and emphasise my distaste for analysts. One can show them facts and say "this is, quite literally, all we know on this matter," and they will take that to mean a whole host of things that make no sense at all.


I've shot this before, but it fits with the week's theme.

This only sort of does, as the sun is indeed rather circular. But it came out pretty cool.

Day 6 (300): 4th of October
Still no internet, but kind hearts prevail and I am typing this from the sofa in a much too kind friend's apartment. Just finished a goodly chunk of the week's homework and even did some research for the infernal paper due next Sunday. That and this morning I read a whole book, worked out, did laundry, and started to clean my house (didn't get all that far). Such thrilling commentary on the day, to be sure. Though it started right, and that's what matters. Particularly if it means starting with this.

And then it ends with this.

Day 7 (301): 5th of October
The broken ADSL record plays on. But being in a good mood makes it easier to bear. Why am I in such a good mood? Hmmm. Well. Difficult to say, but we'll just go with because. Besides, I'd rather just enjoy it than analyse it to death. Like this, one of the tools of the trade. An older one, but still a goodie.

How do you confuse a blonde? You put her in a round room and tell her to sit in a corner.
How does a blonde confuse you? She comes out and says she did.
What do you call a redhead with a blonde on either side? An interpreter.

Sorry. Jokes came back. As a girl identifying both with the gingers and the blondes, I find the last one quite funny. 

No comments:

Post a Comment